Wednesday 3 August 2011

Week 3, half way through.


It’s been some week. This is the first coding week and I have not done a tap of coding, mainly because I have to get my database done and out of the way, I have been an information gathering machine basically for the past 3 days. Today Wednesday seems to have been the most productive day out of the three, I think it just takes getting used. Basically now I think I am finished gathering information. I gathered it and added it to an excel spreadsheet to save time and now I have to convert it to a well laid out XML doc. Transferring the data will probably be time consuming. I’m not sure I might try and get it out of the way tonight or just relax a bit. Feeling a bit exhausted to be perfectly honest. Being somewhere, where you do not know anybody is hard.  There is no support structure or nowhere to go, My friends go home in the evening to where ever they live which is non Belfast. I don't just go home and work but even when I do try and relax all I seem to do is stress over what I have to do. It’s like a horrible infinite loop, my tiredness is leading me not to do work in the evening and the amount of work I have to do is what is making me feel tired and lousy.

However I do feel a lot better now that most of the information I need is gathered and that the user interface design geniuses Gavin and David are hard at work. I always felt as though I did not want them to have to do so much work for me that I could do it myself given my interest and experience in design and they have their own huge work load but compared to what those two can do I am nothing. They always come around with something and my mouth just drops in awe thinking omg. The first time I thought maybe it was a fluke(they couldn’t possibly do something like that every time I was thinking) but they seem to be doing it every time they come down from whatever lab that they build these amazing concoctions in. I think maybe I will need them to do more to keep the whole flow of the app right but it looks more amazing than I ever thought it would.  Well anyways some cool looking stuff due soon. Get a look at the user interface in the next I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment