Wednesday 27 July 2011

Week 2 at app camp


Its wednesday and I just realised I havent blogged since Saturday so I thought I would post an update.  
Kainos Reception and front door.

reflection is not obvious at all. There is a pretty building behind me though
My desk at work in Kainos. ( I cannot work without a Windows machine beside me)

Anyways this week is code design week. Its been a hard week so far because I spent practically the entire day arguing with a user interface guy about how it should be done and then thinking of how i would redesign the UI. In fairness he is right, as a software engineer we always want to do the cooler thing because, well just because. We do things because it seems cool and we are curious about finding out how to do it. The things i want to do that are super complex for me makes it more complex for the user to use. Being good to your users is important so i caved and realised he knew exactly what he was talking about and was right. 

This week I seem to be ignorant to what I should be doing. I have tasks set out by UI guy(David) and the software engineers. the software engineers things are planning and Davids things are building a prototype to test it. I decided to do Davids task first because I miss coding to be honest and I really want to get the UI down so I can move onto more pressing matters, I will off course do my tasks that are set but might leave it late and not get it done to my normal standard. 

The week is going well though, even though my original idea was destroyed it does make the app easier to make. I have been more directed to a good user experience so I will follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment